But sangoma Skhunisivuthemanzini “Skhuni” Mkhize will not get on a plane – even if you pay him!That’s because he believes that evil spirits roam the sky, causing planes to crash!And judging by the recent increase in air crashes, Skhuni might be right.
The sangoma, from Mzimhlophe Hostel in Soweto, told Daily Sun he was asleep when his ancestors showed him the evil forces in the sky which attack planes.
“It was like I was watching a movie. The evil forces were attacking the planes left, right and centre from the time they took off and when they were in the air,” he said.
He said he was worried about what the dream was all about, so he consulted his ancestors.“They told me the evil spirits wanted more and more crashes, which is why we have had so many this year alone.”
He said he was told that before flying, people needed to pray hard.“We also need to go to the mountain and sacrifice a sheep to God and ask for his forgiveness.”
- On Tuesday an aircraft crashed in Centurion, injuring its three occupants. It was said the aircraft experienced engine problems before it hit power lines and crashed.
- On Sunday an Oryx helicopter of the SANDF crashed and landed near the Huguenot Tunnel outside Cape Town while aiding a training team. Luckily no fatalities or serious injuries were reported.
- In November a light aircraft crashed on a mountain in the Blinkwater area near Mosesetjane Village in Limpopo. One person was killed and one survived.
- In October a pilot was killed when his light aircraft crashed on a plot near Boschkop Road in the Tierpoort area, Tshwane.
- In September two pilots died when their Cessna light plane crashed close to Magaliesberg.
- In May a pilot was declared dead by the Ekurhuleni EMS staff after his light aircraft crashed near the R59 to Vereeniging. #Daily Sun